Welcome to the veterinary nurses section of the Board’s website.
Western Australia is the only Australian jurisdiction that approves veterinary nurses and authorises trainee nurses. The veterinary duties that approved veterinary nurses and authorised trainee veterinary nurses may perform are set out under the Veterinary Surgeons Regulations 1979.
Veterinary nurses and trainee nurses are expected to act professionally and comply with the Act and Regulations.
Here you can:
- View information about the Board’s complaints process.
- View and/or download the latest versions of the Board’s guidelines.
- View and/or download the duties of veterinary nurses or trainee veterinary nurses.
- View and/or download the Board’s newsletters.
- Access registration application forms and information concerning approval as a veterinary nurse or authorisation as a trainee veterinary nurse.
- Find information about accessing counselling