Welcome to the veterinary nurses section of the Board’s website.
Western Australia is the only Australian jurisdiction that registers veterinary nurses. The veterinary duties that registered veterinary nurses and student veterinary nurses may perform are set out under the Veterinary Practice Regulations 2022.
Veterinary nurses and student veterinary nurses are expected to act professionally and comply with the Act and Regulations.
Here you can:
- View information about the Board’s complaints process.
- View and/or download the latest versions of the Board’s guidelines.
- View and/or download the duties of veterinary nurses or student veterinary nurses.
- View and/or download the Board’s newsletters.
- Access online registration application forms and information concerning registration as a veterinary nurse.
- Find information about accessing counselling